Time to pack away the little skinny’s and slap on some fat. Get your fatty out and join the Mud Sweat and Gears FAT (Fatbike Action Thursdays). Continuing on with the group rides on Thursday nights, I will be hosting the FAT sessions to get all us fatties together and out riding for the next 7 months of winter.
Starting this Thursday we will be meeting out at Chickakoo Main Parking lot and riding the trails. The intent is to stay fit for the winter months and participate in the 45 North Fat Bike series and other events being held in 2017. Of Course if racing isn’t your thing then of course the fitness side of the house will set you up for success and get you back and ready for the skinny days. These will be more of social rides with a little bit of huffing and puffing.
What you Require:
- Mountain bikes are fine for now, but when the snow hits, bikes with at least 3.5″ tire footprint is required. This will prevent damage to the groomed trails and provide better traction
- Helmet. When it gets cooler a ski/ snowboard helmets work the best.
- Lights for your bike and helmet. 7 months of winter = riding in the dark
- Appropriate clothing/ footwear for the conditions. and
- Self sufficient to do minor fixes such as chain breaks, and flat tire repairs.
The rides themselves:
- Starts at 7:00pm
- Ride Time will range from 1 to 2.5hrs pending on the group and the conditions
- After a few rides at Chickakoo we will be exploring the surrounding Fat Bike friendly communities, Devon, Edmonton, and maybe Alberta Beach Snowmobile trails
- Looking at participating as a Team for above mentioned events.